On Sunday, October 17, 2021 the Guggenheim museums in Venice, New York and Bilbao jointly present the fifth edition of Drawing the Guggenheim, a global drawing session for visitors of all ages to discover the three museums and the iconic spaces that host them.
Collective drawing session
- All day
Open Your Eyes, Get Inspired and Draw!
Visitors to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection will receive a pencil and paper from the ticket office to sketch their favorite spots at Palazzo Venier dei Leoni.
- Participants are invited to share their drawings and experiences with the hashtag #DrawingTheGuggenheim.
- 12 p.m. in Italian, 4 p.m. in English
The Unfinished Palace
Peggy Guggenheim’s former home, now the location of the museum, has a long history. It all began in 1749, when its construction started. Visitors will learn about Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, thanks to two free presentations that will be held in the sculpture garden.
- The presentation at 12 p.m. will be held in Italian, the one at 4 p.m. in English.
- Each presentation will last 15 minutes.
- Limited seats.
- No reservation is required.
Workshop for children between 4 and 10 years of age
- 3 p.m.
Architects for a Day
Palazzo Venier dei Leoni was designed as a five-story building, but it remained unfinished and has always been referred to as the “Unfinished Palace.” Young visitors will have the opportunity to improvise great architects and show off their design skills while having fun in the process.
- The workshop will last an hour and a half. It is free, but advanced online booking is required.
• Free with purchase of the museum ticket. Please check the latest information in order to organize your visit at the museum.
• You can use your artistic tools or those made available by the museum.
• Due to limited access to the museum, it is only possible to draw in the garden.
• If it rains, the event is cancelled.
If it rains, the event is cancelled.