Summary of the role
This is a junior role with excellent potential for growth.
The chosen candidate will work in the Communications Department of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, contributing to promoting the image of the museum among the most prestigious national and international cultural institutions.
The position relates to the Communications Manager of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, with whom the Digital Marketing and Social Media Coordinator will program content to be shared on the museum's social media channels.
The chosen candidate will contribute new ideas in line with the image and educational mission of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection and the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation.
- Preferably 2 years of experience working in a similar role in a museum or a national or international cultural institution, or in a communication agency specializing in the arts and culture sector.
- Highly proficient technical and user knowledge of social media platforms: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- Proven expertise in data analysis systems (Google Analytics, Social Analytics for Facebook, Instagram, etc.), supported by strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Good graphic design and video editing skills.
- Ability to manage promotional campaigns.
- Highly creative, with excellent communication skills (particularly written).
- Excellent organization skills, and the ability to work with tight deadlines.
In line with the editorial and communication strategies defined by the Communications Manager duties include:
- Operating social media platforms: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- Creating content (copy as well as visual).
- Monitoring the public engagement and growth data of each social media platform, with the aim of defining and, if necessary, improving communication strategies.
- Compiling periodical reports based on the analytical data collected to identify trends, hashtags, and target audiences for marketing plans.
- Running promotional campaigns to support specific activities (e.g., Membership, Corporate, Fundraising).
- Managing the museum’s community of followers, interacting with users and moderating content.
- Creating and planning digital marketing campaigns.
Academic and Language Requirements: :
- A degree in Marketing and Communications, Media Studies or equivalent, Cultural Heritage Management, or History of Art. Candidates with a master's degree in Digital Marketing and Social Media preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of English (C1 level)
Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, Dorsoduro 701, Venezia