For school classes of all levels, reservation required.
To classes of all school levels and university groups, the museum offers guided tours of the permanent collection, the Hannelore B and Rudolph B. Schulhof Collection and the temporary exhibitions on view.
Guided tours will help students explore the history of Peggy Guggenheim, her house-museum and her collection. Educators actively engage students in a passionate narrative to discover some of the great masterpieces of modern and contemporary art, using a language appropriate to different ages.
School groups that include blind or visually impaired students can request a tactile visit, led by a guide who is specifically trained in museum accessibility.
- Guided tours are offered daily 9–10am, except Tuesdays.
- Guided tours are also available at other times and on select days by reservation only.
COSTs for guided tours:
95 € for a tour of the permanent collection that lasts one and a half hours
130 € for a tour of the permanent collection and the temporary exhibition on view that lasts two and a half hours
- The cost of the tour does not include the entrance ticket to the museum.
- Tours are for groups of maximum 20 persons.
- One chaperone each for every 15 persons enters for free.
dvance booking for groups is mandatory.
Please be reminded of the following information before your group visit
- Large groups must be split into smaller groups of a maximum of 20 people per group. Each group must be accompanied by a teacher or representative for the duration of the visit.
- To protect the works from possible damage, cumbersome objects such as umbrellas, backpacks and bags are not allowed inside the museum and must be deposited, free of charge, in the cloakroom by the ticket office.
- Due to the limited space inside the exhibition rooms we kindly ask that groups do not stop in the corridors so as not to inhibit freedom of movement for other visitors.
- The museum has a café but there are no facilities available for students to eat packed lunches. Bottled water is not allowed inside the museum.
- The use of cell phones is permitted inside the galleries as long as they are used with consideration for other visitors.