compra il tuo bigliettoiscriviti alla newsletter digitale



2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007
2006
2005
2004
2003
2002
2001
2000
1999
1997
1996
1995
1993
1991
1990
1988
1986
Before 1986
US Pavilion

The US Pavilion at the Venice Biennale is a Palladian-style structure built in 1930 by the then well-known architects William Adams Delano and Chester Holmes Aldrich. Within the Castello Gardens that house all the national pavilions of the Venice Biennale, the US Pavilion enjoys a prominent position.
In 1986, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation purchased the US Pavilion from the Museum of Modern Art, New York with funds provided by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection Advisory Board. Since 1986 the Peggy Guggenheim Collection has worked with the United States Information Agency (USIA), the US Department of State and the Fund for Artists at International Festivals and Exhibitions in the organization of the visual arts exhibitions at the US Pavilion, while the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation has organized the comparable shows at the Architecture Biennales. In 2002, the US Pavilion at the Architecture Biennale was promoted for the first time by the US Department of State.
Padiglione USA
Felix Gonzalez-Torres, 2007. Photo: Daniele Resini
Pianta Padiglione USA
William Adams Delano and Chester Holmes Aldrich, New York, The United States Pavilion of the Venice Biennale, 1930
credits: Hangar Design Group