LIBRARY & ARCHIVES
- Reservations are temporarily suspended.
- The library provides an efficient interlibrary loan service. Please contact one of SBN library of Venice.
- The library is located within staff quarters of the museum.
- Please deposit bags and personal belongings in the cloakroom or lockers.
- An I.D. is required for admission to the library.
Reader registration form:
The catalogue is available online: Sebina Open Library OPAC
The library’s book collection consists of over 12,000 items dedicated to modern and contemporary art, general topics, exhibition catalogues, catalogues of museum collections, theory of modern art criticism.
- Catalogues of exhibitions held at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection (from 1985 to present)
- Catalogues of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York (from 1948 to present)
- Catalogues of the Venice Biennale (from 1895 to present)
The Library also manages a fully digitized and catalogued collection of photography, focused on the life of Peggy Guggenheim, consisting of approximately 850 photographs and 400 film negatives. The catalogue is available online at the following links:
- CameraPhoto Epoche Archives
- Polo SBN di Venezia
- DB Regione del Veneto
The library of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection originated with the legacy of hundreds of catalogues belonging to Peggy Guggenheim herself. The library has grown thanks to a library exchange program and donations from national and international institutions.
Students from around the world use the library to write their theses on topics of contemporary and modern art, the museum, as well as Peggy Guggenheim.
The library is a key resource for trainees from around the world participating in the Internship Program and a support tool for the museum staff in preparation of exhibitions.